Read what the Team Says
Y Bhg Tan Sri Dato' Azman Shah bin Dato' Seri Haron
Tan Sri Dato' Azman Shah Dato' Seri Haron is the chairman on Alangka-Suka Hotels & Resorts Berhad which owns and manages the Holiday Villa Hotels & Resorts chain worldwide. He was educated in Australia and Japan and has received extensive training in general hotel management in the USA. He has held various senior appointments in major hotels and founded the Holiday Villa Hotels & Resorts
Prior to this he was the Managing Director and shareholder of Central Holdings Management Services Berhad , the company which managed the Holiday Inn on the Park Kuala Lumpur, Holiday Inn City Centre Kuala Lumpur and Holiday Inn Shah Alam over two decades.. It was during the leadership of Tan Sri Dato' Azman that brought these three Holiday Inn hotels to great heights. For his fine achievements, he received numerous awards and accolades. Among them were the Holiday Inn International Torchbearer's Award (The Holiday Inn System's Worldwide Performance Award for their top 50 hotels), Gold Award for the Inter-Hotel Performance and Productivity, Tourism Gold Award for hotel performance and service – 1st class category by the Malaysian Ministry of Tourism
Tan Sri Dato' Azman was the President of the Malaysian Association of Hotels for over a decade and a member of the Malaysia Tourism Board for over two yeas. He was also the President and board member of ASEANTA (Asean Tourism Association) and AHRA, and contributed a lot in the promotional and expansion of tourism activities in the ASEAN region.
Currently, Tan Sri Dato' Azman holds several position in various organisations
- President of Malaysian Employers Federation (MEF)
- Alternate Member of Asia Pacific Economic Corporation (APEC) / Business Advisory Council (ABAC) Malaysia
- Board member of Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Member of PEMUDAH (Special task force to facilitate Malaysian businesses), PEMUDAH is a special taskforce comprising 22 highly respected individuals from the public and private sectors appointed by the Malaysian Prime Minister to facilitate business towards enhancing Malaysia's competitiveness. Its vision is to achieve globally benchmarked,customer-centric, innovative and pro-active public service in support of a vibrant, resilient and competitive economy.
- Advisor for the consultative panel for hospitality industry, Malaysia Productivity Corporation.
- Immediate Past Chairman of Association of Hotel Employers Peninsular Malaysia
- Committee member of Yayasan Kebajikan Anak-Anak Yatim (YATIM) and Pertubuhan Pendidikan Anak-Anak Yatim Selangor (Rumah Bakti)
- Board member of the Trust Fund Committee, International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilisation (ISTAC)
In recognition of Tan Sri Dato' Azman's immense contribution and excellent service record, he was conferred with state honorary award by two Malaysian state rulers –
- Ahli Mahkota Selangor (AMS) Award by His Highness, The Sultan of Selangor
- Datuk Paduka Tuanku Jaafar (DPTI) Award by the late Yang Di Pertuan Negeri Sembilan
- Darjah Kebesaran Panglima Setia Mahkota (P.S.M) Award by Yang Di Pertuan Agong XIV Tuanku Al-Haj Abdul Halim Mu'adzam.